Thursday, July 25, 2013

Sampson

Sometimes I wonder if there is something wrong with me. 

There has been this feral cat around our place for the past six months or so.  He's beautiful.  But about two months ago he got hurt.  His front right paw was sore.  It just kept getting worse.  He can't use it at all now.

 I always leave food out for the wild cats in the neighborhood, so they come into our garage.  I always talk to them when I see them. 

He has been spending a lot of time in our garage, so I talk to him almost every day.  I named him Sampson.  He has the most beautiful blue eyes.  He always spit at me when I got too close.  I wish I had a picture of him.

Russ started complaining about the cats around the house again.  So I agreed to catch them in the humane cage.  This morning I set up the cage.  I saw Sampson in the corner and told him to stay out of the cage.

He didn't listen.  I took him over to the shelter.  I asked them what will happen to him.  They said that he'll be neutered and if he is really feral they will release him back where he was found.  I told them about his front paw.  They said that if they can they'll take care of him. 

Thank GOD, they're a no-kill shelter.

I've been crying ever since I got in the car to leave the shelter.
Why does this hurt so much.  He's just a feral cat.

I still have 4 adolescent cats and their mother to catch.  I think she may be pregnant again.
But it's better for them if I take care of this.

Gotta go get my blackberry jam started. 

I can cry through that.

No comments:

Post a Comment