Sunday, July 3, 2011

Home again

Just got back from Iowa. I know...Why would anyone go to Iowa. My younger sister lives there with her "new family". Took the older sister along for the ride. (Yes! I brought her back.)

Took along my camera. And can you believe it! Didn't take one picture. Forgot and left it in the house every time we went out.

It was a lovely trip. I always love seeing Letha. She has so many funny stories to tell and just catching up is fun. We talk about everything.

Went shopping in Ames and bought a mess of yarn. (Yeah, I probably could have got it here in Utah, but it's good to pick up yarn other places.)

We rode the Boone Historical Railroad train. It was a hot day, but we enjoyed the ride.

We watched movies and crocheted in the evenings. I made a mess of stars to go with the mess I already had. I started a granny square. (I'll post pictures in a few days.)

The voyage of discovery is not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.
Marcel Proust

No comments:

Post a Comment