Friday, August 6, 2010

Tomorrow is my birthday. I have nothing planned.

Today, I gave myself a from me to me present. I took myself to Snowbird and rode the tram. The canyon is so beautiful. (Pictures to follow.)

I got thinking about all the things I used to enjoy. Going up the canyon was one of them. I decided that if I want to do the things I love, I'll have to do them alone.

My darling husband works out in the weather all week and by the weekend he just wants to sit around the house and relax. Since my retirement, I am home most of the week. By the weekend I want to do something away from the house. I decided that there is no reason I can't do what I want during the week while my wonderful husband is working.

All of my kids work. My girlfriends are either working or moved away. Hence I will have to go alone.

So today I did. I met some very nice people at the top of the canyon. Jim and Patty from the Bay Area. (That's around San Francisco, California.) I talked to Jim the whole time we were at the top and on the way back down on the tram.

He's afraid of heights, too. So we got to talking while everyone else was looking off the top. (Beautiful view.)

No comments:

Post a Comment